Setting Goals as a Secret of Success
Every successful woman or man that I have ever talked to or read about has come to the same conclusion. You have more talent and ability than you can imagine. It means that you can trust your potential and move forward to success. The first step is goals setting. Many people, who I have worked with, were surprised how fast their lives began to improve when setting goals became their daily routine.
Goal setting is a powerful process for thinking about your ideal future, and for motivating yourself to turn your vision of this future into reality.
Why Do We Set Goals?
Goals are objectives that you strive to accomplish because their achievement is important for you; it means something positive for you.
What is the power of goals?
– Helps to focus your energy,
– Gets you motivated,
– Improves your self-confidence,
– Helps you manage your time,
By setting goals, trying new things, engaging in more activities and exploring more opportunities, you are getting closer to YOUR success.
Setting S.M.A.R.T goals
Next step is to set up the goal properly. Take time to specifically define what your goal is. A useful way of making goals more powerful is to use the SMART strategy, which usually stands for:
Specific – Exactly what are you trying to do?
Measurable – How can it be measured? How will you know when it is achieved?
Action-based – How do you do it?
Realistic – Is the goals challenging and achievable?
Timely – When are you going to achieve this goal?
Goal setting TIPS
– Be precisely – Studies have shown that specific and ambitious goals lead to a higher level of performance than easy or general ones.
– State each goal as a positive statement – Express your goals positively, “Execute this technique well” is a much better objective than “Don’t make this stupid mistake.”
– Set priorities – When you have several goals, give each a priority. This helps you to avoid feeling overwhelmed by having too many goals, and helps to direct your attention to the most important ones.
– Write goals down – This crystallises them and gives them more force